WHO: People with a heart to serve the elderly.
WHAT WE DO: We help the elderly in our congregation by spending time with them for an hour a week.
WHEN: Meeting time is determined by the volunteer and the individual they are meeting up with.
WHERE: Meetings are at the house or over the phone.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: For more information, contact Lia Moreno at email@example.com
Ways to help:
- Praying with them over the phone or visit them at their home
- Offer communion, bible study in their home
- Sending a card or letter (birthday, holiday, encouragement, get well, etc.)
- Becoming a phone-pal, calling a senior on a weekly basis Provide respite to caregiver, for an hour or two a week
- Picking up groceries
- Bathing someone
- Cooking a meal
- Cleaning their home
- Picking them up for church
Minister to a “shut-in”, lonely, frail or depressed elderly by visiting and/or reaching out to a senior that cannot attend church by picking him/her up or who need help at home. The help would be on a volunteer basis from members of the congregation. A one hour a week minimum and 1 year commitment would be ideal for volunteers who are interested.